- Patented sugar polarimeter
- Calibration free due to quartz wedge compensation
- Extremely highly stable readings
- Reliable measurement of dark samples
- Combination with refractometer (Purity analyser)
The Saccharomat is a fully automatic sugar polarimeter.
The Saccharomat is a fully automatic sugar polarimeter with quartz wedge compensation and complying with the ICUMSA recommendations.
The Saccharomat use the quartz wedge principle which directly compares the rotation of the sugar sample to that of the quartz. Unlike a circle type polarimeter a wedge type is not sensitive to small changes in the wavelength .This makes the instrument very accurate and eliminates the need for checking and re-calibration with a quartz plate.
The Saccharomat is constantly giving the value of the sample in the International Sugar Scale, ISS. The so called Normal Sugar Solution of 26.0 g of pure sucrose, diluted to 100.0 cm3 with distilled water at 20.0 °C has a reading of 100.00 °Z in this scale. If the customer uses 13.0 g instead, the reading has to be doubled, which can be made automatically by using the scale “°Z*2”. For a weight of 6.5 g scale “°Z*4” can be used.
Unique features of the sugar polarimeter Saccharomat:
- NEW: Polarimeter tubes with self-sealing coupling for quick and safe connection/disconnection of water circulators
- NEW: Triple Quartz Control Plates (TQCP’s)
- Using the unique quartz wedge principle
- Less wavelength dependency compared to circle polarimeters
- Therefore the instrument doesn’t need a re-calibration by the customer at any time
- The precision of the instrument stable over the whole measuring range
- The measurement is carried out constantly without pressing a button so that flow through measurements can easily be performed
- High compensation speed
- Automatic temperature compensation if using appropriate polarimeter tubes
- The instrument has a versatile software for test routines and configurations
- The standard wavelength is 587 nm. These sugar polarimeters are also available as NIR (882,6 nm) or NIRW2 (587 and 882,6 nm) models. The advantage of NIR instruments being that samples, if thoroughly filtered (e.g. using filtration unit “AutoFilt”), do not have to be clarified, because at NIR wavelengths, highly absorbent samples may also be measured easily.
- Indication of the optical density
- Serial to Ethernet converter for data transfer to PC
- GLP/GMP conform documentation
In the Saccharomat Series are three difference models. Please see Tab specifications.
|Measurement scale||°Z International Sugar Scale|
|Measuring range||-35 - 105°Z|
|Sensitivity||up to OD 5|
|Response time||approx. 4 sec|
|Wavelength||one or two fixed|
|Temperature measurement||If temperature sensor with appropriate tubes is used / T-Cell Peltier tubes|
|Temperature control sample||with appropriate tubes via external water bath / Peltier temperature controlled sample tubes|
|Temperature control range||depends on the water bath / 18 - 40 °C|
|Resolution||depends on the water bath / 0.01 °C|
|Precision||depends on the water bath / ± 0.1 °C|
|Reproducibility||depends on the water bath / 0.05 °C|
|Measuring tubes||up to 200 mm length|
|Ambient temperature||+10 - +40 °C|
|Display||Graphics-LCD 16 x 16 characters|
|Operation||Alpha numerical keyboard, 20 buttons inclusive function keys|
|Interfaces/communication||2 serial RS-232, 1 parallel, USB* und Ethernet*|
|Saccharomat® 103 (587 nm)
Saccharomat® 101 (882,6 nm)
Saccharomat® 202 (587 and 882,6 nm)
|Standards***||International Pharmacopoea, ASTM, ICUMSA and others|
** precision refers to physical standard conditions
*** Specific standard depends on application and the country it is used in. Details on request.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get in touch with us.